Thursday, May 3, 2012

Plants Plants Bo Blants!

With our landscape makeover in sight, I thought I'd share some photos of some plant ideas I found at a local nursery here in Tampa (shout out to Manny's on the Bay!) These were just some of the ones I was drawn to. I don't have any rhyme or reason or plan or anything right now. I'm hoping this post will help me narrow some things down.

So sit back and enjoy some pretty pictures of this virtual garden! (please excuse the fact that I have no idea what any of these plants are named)


I'm seeing a possible combination of the above plant/bush with the purple bushes below...


The below reminds me of a Christmas tree...which makes me likey




I'm really liking the two plants below...I like how structural the leaves are. Maybe in the empty bed in front of the big window?


These next three pictures remind me of something I would find in an English garden...especially the second plant. I like how it's natural and kind of weed-like.





pretty...


For some reason the one below doesn't look like it would be easy to maintain...but I love it.


I'm looking forward to getting some of these planted in our front yard. It's really going to make a difference getting rid of those weird bushes and filling that empty plant bed in front of our large window. I'm praying that I can keep whatever we plant alive. I think with the money and time invested in it, there's no way I'll let these babies go.

As I'm not knowledgeable about a lot of this, I do thankfully have my friend and my mom who will help us make the final decisions and what will do best in our yard. I keep hearing how gardening is therapeutic for a lot of people, I'm interested to see if it affects me so. We shall see!

Stilllll waiting on the art print from Australia. Anxious to take pictures of the hallway to share, however, trying to maintain patience and control and not take the pictures until it's truly finished. I almost caved today. lol :)

Well, happy Thursday evening everyone, got any gardening projects on your mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...