Friday, December 27, 2013

Finn's First Christmas

Baby boy's first Christmas. So here we go, 36 of my favorite photos from the day. Yep, thirty-six. :)

Finn woke up at 9:15am and sees the Christmas tree and presents for the first time...


To my surprise he actually picked up one of his gifts...


And even ripped it a little...


Then he had fun playing with his stash...


Sweet baby boy...



Before we wheeled out Finn's final gift, Rob and I exchanged our gifts. Rob has a thing (passed on from his family) where he wraps gifts in obscure ways to keep me from guessing what it is. He handed me this one...can ya guess what it is?


Yeah, it was a CD wrapped with a paint roller, lol. I also got my new lens which I have lots to learn about but definitely am loving...


We then wheeled out our final gift for Finn...


First he pushed it around in circles...


Then checked out the steering wheel...


Then got him in it...our little cutie...




We then made our way over to my mom's house...


Sweet moments with uncle Greg...


Getting Finn strapped in...poor kid had to deal with the sun AND my hair in his face...



The cousins checking it out...of course they asked if they could go for a ride...lol.




We grabbed a family pic for the day...


And this next one cracks us up...totally taken on accident, but Rob said it should be our Christmas card for next year...


Please keep you hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times...good thing there's a lap belt. :)




Then the annual pickle finding competition for all of us grown kids. We do it for bragging rights and a lovely gift card. But mostly bragging rights. This year it involved standing on chairs and lots of hints. The thing is only like an inch big.


A fuzzy phone pic, but it shows how we all ended up. It felt like we were looking forever, but someone finally came out victorious....


Oh that would be me, lol. :)))


Then we headed over to spend time with Rob's parents.


The weather got warm as the day went on, so Finn was pretty much topless the whole day.



A lil container of ice cream all for me...




And to cap the post off with the sweetest pic my sister captured on her phone of Finn in his car. Sweet baby boy.


A busy, but good, good day filled with loved ones. Memories were made for sure.

Now to gear up for Finn's first birthday, about a week and a half away. My main project I'm going to attempt is making a video with pictures and video clips of his first year...I know it's going to take so much time and work, but I really think it will be something special to have and look back on. My heart feels a mixture of pride, joy and aching as I watch this boy grow...it happens so fast and I want to hold on to the sweet memories of our amazing boy.

Hoping you all are well and recovering from the season. The worst part is taking it all down. Boo. I'm going to try to not get crazy with it and just do one thing at a time, and those outside lights can just stay up till New Years or beyond.

2 comments:

  1. This is my favorite post because those pics of Finn squatting in his footy Christmas pajamas is too cute to handle!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks D, and I agree, that little squat of his is my favorite :))

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...