Wednesday, December 11, 2013

All Is Well

Nope, sweet boy, your presents aren't hidden in our kitchen cabinets...


The busyness of the season seems to be starting. That infamous countdown. I find myself (along with many others) visiting Target quite often on my lunch break. We bought most of Finn's gifts off of blessed Amazon and they should be arriving soon. We have more gifts we wanna buy and a gathering at our house to get ready for. But I find myself wanting to slow my pace down before I get carried away. And I want to make sure I take the time to sit and dwell on the meaning of it all. It's easy to lose it...but Christmas and the season really is a special time.

You see the words "Joy" and "Hope" and "Cheer" everywhere, although sometimes the Christmas season can feel quite the opposite. I have yet to receive a card that says "Stressed" over a sweet family picture, but I have a feeling many people can relate. One day while driving home from work, a Christmas song came on that I had never heard before...and I gotta say it moved me. Whether it be the fact that I'm a sucker for some beautiful choir voices, or that A minor chord that is my absolute fave, and oh yeah, the beautiful peaceful words on top of it all...it moved me. And it reminded me that in the end, when my perspective is in the right place, all is well. 



Wishing you peace and joy this Christmas season...and most importantly the reminder of God's marvelous love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...