Saturday, December 7, 2013

Baby's First Christmas Tree

I wanted to try to get some pictures of Finn with his very first Christmas tree. I read up on some great Christmas tree photography tips on Under the Sycamore here...but honestly I wasn't even able to try them. Hah. This boy wasn't wanting to sit still...ah what can I say, we've got a mobile baby on our hands.


So then I plopped him on the couch and gave him something to play with (mama's lens cap saved the day!), hoping to get some more shots with the tree in the background. 

Our sweet baby...



Then he kept trying to walk off the couch (don't worry, I'm there, as well as an ottoman)...


And it then turned into a game of me pushing him back into the couch and he'd giggle like crazy...


And that was the end of it. Lol. I may try again, but at least I got a few. This year I'm asking for a new lens for my camera, a 50mm. Right now I just use my kit lens that came with my Nikon D3100. So I'm really itching to get that and hopefully grow in my picture taking skizzles. It's been such a creative and rewarding hobby for me...and my constant photo subject is kinda cute, so that helps. :)

Speaking of my photo subject, he turns 11 months tomorrow...whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

2 comments:

  1. B and H had the 50mm on sale like a week ago. I get a lot of my camera goodies there:) He is so cute and getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check that place out! Thanks Jenny! :))

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...