Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Oreo Truffles

Let me start out this post by giving a shout out to the recipe, found here on Chef-In-Training.

I found this recipe last year and have made it numerous times. I truly make it for Rob's enjoyment as this man has described his experience with these truffles as "an indescribable experience that makes him want to cry" I guess with joy, because he loves them. :)

Best part about this recipe is that it only requires 3 ingredients. Double stuffed oreos, cream cheese and dipping chocolate.

First starting with the oreos...


I dumped the whole bag into a large ziplock bag...


And then mashed the cookies with my hands/fists/elbows until they looked like this...definitely burned some calories in the process. (if you have fancy kitchen gadgets like a food processor, that definitely works)


Then I dumped the contents into a mixing bowl. I should mention that if you mash the cookies in a bag, you have to scrape the bag a bit to get all of the cream off of it. The cream is very important for the consistency.

Added about 3 1/2 oz of cream cheese (recipe calls for 4 oz, however for Rob, 4 oz was a tad too cream-cheesey) Then got to mixing...with my hands...


Then I rolled the mixture into about 1-1 1/2 inch balls, and placed them on a wax paper covered tray.


Oh yeah, sportin the sweats. I then placed the tray in the freezer for about 15 minutes and got to melting my white chocolate.


The recipe calls to immerse the truffles in the chocolate, but for Rob that was too much chocolate, so I ended up just dipping the tops of them in the chocolate...it was way too late to try to be more creative.

Found these at Target for $2.50...and sprinkled them on the white chocolate...


And ta-da!


Oreo truffles with a Halloween-y twist. I thought later it could be fun to make these truffles look like eyeballs...however, it was just a nice thought. Maybe next year...and maybe if I hadn't started these at 10:30pm. Eek.

I should also mention that I doubled the recipe. This is how many truffles come out of two bags of double stuffed oreos, just to give you an idea of the serving size.



Happy mid-week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...