Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Spring Cleaning Challenge! Week 2

Oops, so this post is a lil late. But I promise, this cleaning project occurred last week. We currently have lots of projects going on with our sectional possibly making it's arrival in our home shortly...needless to say, painting plans have begun. And I also have some craftiness happening which I'm excited how it's coming out and will be sure to share when it's done. Oh and lots of cuddling happening too. Love our sweet Finn.


So back to cleaning, here we go...


Week 2:

MASTER BATH STORAGE

First, let me state that our master bathroom is not very masterful. However, I still do appreciate the luxury of having our bathroom attached to our room...nothing like brushing your teeth while looking for clothes before running out the door for work...multi-tasking!

Anyway, so we have a bench that I purchased from Ikea a while back. I liked the idea of having a seat in there along with a shelf for some storage. Cause, let me tell you...pedestal sinks are cute and everything, but they lack in a major area called storage. So I have plans to purchase a bigger wall cabinet (the one currently in here barely fits anything and it's not really aesthetically pleasing to my eye. Just sticks out like a sore thumb and blah.

But anyway, this cleaning post is about our bench. And the mess that has landed itself on it.


Oh and here's my cleaning buddy...he was such a good helper...


For the longest time I've had the idea to use a long narrow basket that we already own and put it under the bench to store our shtuff and make it look a lil more clean and organized.

It's the little things.

So I pulled out that basket...and it was a bit of a mess...surprise surprise... :)


So I sorted through that...it's amazing how much I can throw away if I just sit down and do it.

So I got her all cleaned up and then sorted/threw away everything on the bench in the bathroom and organized it ever so sweetly in the basket. And here she looks now...


Much better. Maybe would have done a different color basket if I were shopping around, but I'm trying not to spend money if I don't need to. But do I neeeeeeeed to paint the family/living room?? Of course I do! :D

Here's a far away shot of the bathroom...one day I wanna gut this thing. Get a glass shower with shiny tile...and storage. Lovely precious storage.


Anyway, so that was a simple cleaning/organization project, but seriously it was one that I've been meaning to do forever. I also organized my bobby pins, however I thought that would be less than amusing to share on here, so I spared you on that one. :)

So there you have it. Week 2 tackled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...