Monday, August 4, 2014

I'm So Fancy

If you saw my previous post, you know my focus turned to our little utility closet. It somehow became a crazy catchall with absolutely no organization...just pitiful, right?


Well, I keep pinching myself because with three simple items the closet now looks like this...


Fancy, right? Excuse the dark photos, we get almost no light to this hallway, but that doesn't deter me from it's newfound beauty. So three items really did the trick...the green bins, the metal cabinet and the over the door organizer. I was surprised how easy this project actually was.


Rob and Finn had other plans while I attempted this little photoshoot...


So the drawers contain the tape measures and levels, nails and screws, picture hanging supplies and hooks, sandpaper, miscellaneous items and random cleaning supplies for the mops. Oh how nice it is to know where those items actually ARE...



I found this over the door organizer in the bathroom section at HomeGoods for $10, thankfully all of our mops and brooms fit over it just fine. Excuse the paint cans, we need to find the proper place to dispose of those and then another shelf will open up.


Finn's probably happy I'm done working on this closet as I had to work on it mostly while he was awake because it's literally right by his room. I would just set up various areas that he could play in around me (since Rob was out)...it's amazing how just a simple act of stepping in and out of a green tub can occupy him for 5 whole minutes. Watching him discover new things is thee best.


This little monkey is certainly becoming a little boy more and more...I'm thankful I can still cradle him in my arms though (with his legs pretty much wrapped around me).


This is him saying "cheese"... <3 <3


Ah, that sweet kid. But back to the closet, overall I'm pretty pleased by the change. This closet was the shame of all shames...

'

And now it's like a sigh of relief opening that door, instead of a full on anxiety attack (no, that didn't really happen, but it was probably close)...


Finn's pretty floored by the change too...


Hah, see what I did there? Lol, I'm a nerd, happy new week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...