Friday, August 7, 2015

A Shower for Skye

Oh goodness, what a beautiful shower it was. My sister and dear friend designed and decorated the shower and it was so lovely. We had it at my mom's house who graciously let hot air balloons and clouds hang from her ceiling, yep, it was beautiful. Alright, on to iPhone pics...(I seriously need to dust off my Nikon)...


 
Beautiful cupcakes made by my dear friend, Brandy. I just love those little gold cupcake wrappers...
 

 
The food was delicious...my sister was so thoughtful and remembered my love for the buffalo chicken strips from Toojays and had those in the tins on the right. They were quite a hit. Oh and she made a marshmallow/fluff fruit dip...um...yeah, that was good.
 
 
 
 
Although it's circulated that I'm not a huge fan of pink...pink/coral and gold combinations seem to make the cut according to my face in this pic...
 
 
 
Blurry and grainy, but Rob's specialty with Finn...
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
Okay, I've seriously been convinced that I need to be using my Nikon after going through these photos!
 
I wasn't able to snag a pic with everyone but it was such a lovely shower. So thankful. We got so many things for our girl and to just help us out too.
 
Life has been incredibly busy and full, we're in the middle of house repairs (waiting on a new roof and then have mold to be removed from two/maybe three rooms of our house). I'm also purging the house of stuff that needs to go. Also working on getting Finn's big boy room ready for him and then one day I'll get to get Skye's room (Finn's nursery) decorated (have to wait for mold behind wall to be removed). Constantly having to let go of what and how I wish things would play out. It's a good lesson for my patience and control, to just let go.
 
We're a month away from this baby's due date, can't believe it, but also so ready to meet this little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...