Wednesday, October 23, 2013

October Shenanigans

It's bizarre to me that Halloween is next week already. Meaning that November is almost here. I can't believe it. For some reason it always feels like someone presses the fast-forward button during these last few months.

Well this month our weekends have been pretty busy with weddings and other good stuff...this past weekend we had a wedding for some dear friends of ours. Before getting ready and going out there, our morning included Finn feeding me some of his puffs. A new trick of his...I know he's not a dog, but we get excited about every new thing he does, and I tend to call them tricks. :)


It's kinda funny cause now once he drops the puff in my mouth, he then digs to find it and take it back.

This wedding was at a beautiful location in central Florida, a house that made me feel like I was in an old countryside village in Europe somewhere. 


Rob expressed how cool it would be to have a tower like that one day...not sure how feasible that will be but I can only imagine him hunkered down there with a book and a pipe to chew on. Maybe even a typewriter. With a little round cutout window for him to stick his head out of. Now that I think of it, it's something I would like too. I was that hideout/fort/clubhouse loving girl. 

Funny-maybe-only-to-me-story...when I was little and we were visiting my grandparents new house for the first time, I was told they had a clubhouse there. The whole ride over there I was imagining this huge wooden tree house or something really cool with little hideouts everywhere, I was so excited. Was I deflated when I found out that the clubhouse was just a regular old building with some lame pool tables and a space for tables and chairs? Oh yes, little Lisa's dreams were crushed. But there was a swimming pool and tennis court. That helped ease the pain. Oh how I would love to have an amazing fort or tree house even now. I hope Finn will be into it as well. I'm not sure if there's a kid who isn't into forts. 


We were so happy to be a part of their beautiful day and also received these adorable little jars for wedding favors. Filled with spices to heat up and serve in drinks. I might just heat it up for the yummy smell since I rarely drink hot drinks. I was pretty excited we got to claim three of these babies. :)


I thought it was such a sweet and creative favor.


We gotta visit a pumpkin patch this weekend before it's all gone. Gotta get some pics of the little one and maybe get his first pumpkin. Halloween is almost a week away! Okay, for real, I'm gonna start working on Finn's costume tonight.

Any festive things that you're doing lately? Pumpkin patches, apple picking (I don't think that's really done here in FL), hayrides, or just pulling things together for Halloween? Man, I wish kids came down our street.  

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...