Thursday, November 8, 2012

For the Love of Houndstooth

Another beautiful day here with gorgeous weather. The shower is just one day away (yay!!!!!) and I still can't believe it all. Rob and I talked about how crazy it would be if we had a glimpse way back into our futures and see me and him married and pregnant with this boy. I'm so happy where my life has gone. It doesn't always go where I imagine, with jobs/sucesses, but you know what? I'm enjoying the ride and have so much to be thankful for.

So I finished a little art piece for Finn's room. I don't know how it happened, but it looks like I'm creating some sort of collage. Which after doing our hallway, I never wanted to hear the word "collage" again for how much work that took! But this collage is a lot more mild and tame. No spray painting of the frames, just making some homemade artwork.

Anyway, here's the latest...it only took me about 10 minutes to complete...

I started with an inexpensive frame from Ikea and some houndstooth craft paper found at Michael's...


Then cut a tree silhouette out of black felt...some double sided tape and ta-da!



We're also working on a homemade mobile...Rob lent his origami hand toward that and I'm excited to for that to be done. Will post pictures once it's complete. None of this stuff is actually able to go in Finn's room yet until we get the carpet in there...so it's just forming a nice pile. Praying Rob's Jeep sells soon and then on to new carpet we go...we shall see.

We also had our monthly appointment yesterday and heard baby boy's heartbeat. Still sounding perfect and apparently he is head down already. Of course he may move, but he's just so well behaved he's getting ready for the day.

I can do this, I can do this, I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...