Monday, January 28, 2013

New Adventures

These past three weeks have been an adventure. An awesome, tiring, lovely, draining, beautiful adventure.

Still when I see pictures of myself with Finn, I naturally think I'm holding someone else's kid, but then in a nanosecond, I realize that it's my son. Our boy.

And then I swoon.


I was one of those who didn't grow up around babies. I was usually the youngest kid around. But during these past three weeks, I have found that these motherly instincts do kick in as I've been told.

There were things I was afraid of. Simple things. First, babies, specifically newborns, always seemed so scary fragile to me. To think of bathing, dressing, holding and nursing this fragile little being was a little nerve wrecking to me before having Finn. The funny thing is, he came, and I didn't think twice about these things...I just did it.

Yeah, the nights have been long, as well as the days. I'm learning the power of incredible multi-tasking and making the most of his naps. For example, here's how I'm blogging right now. :))


He's completely worth it.

Three weeks tomorrow. And here we all are learning and growing together. Trying to soak up each moment because I know time moves too fast.















I get it now. The obsession with babies. I never completely got it before. Don't get me wrong, they're adorable, but the obsession to hold a baby or ogle over him/her wasn't there for me (probably due to my previous fears listed above). But my goodness, I get it now. How precious this sweet soul is. I just want to hold him and kiss him and make him smile (one day!). Truly precious angels given to us. Such a blessing.

Oh Finn, you're messing your father and I up. In a good way. Goodness, I love you little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...