Thursday, June 13, 2013

5 months!

Oh this boy...


Gah, he melts me. My 5 month old. CAN'T believe he's almost half a year already. This year I just know Christmas is going to be here before I know it. And I love Christmas, so I don't really mind that too much, but my goodness. This boy just keep growing and changing and growing some more. How can I forget what it was like when he was an infant already??


Well, these 5 months have been like nothing else I've ever experienced. So much joy, so little sleep (hah), so many amazing and fun milestones and firsts, and so much patience building.

I love how being a parent (that still just feels so weird typing that) molds you into a better person. Obviously, it couldn't if you didn't allow the task to, but it really does. It makes me so much more responsible. Like, hello, I need to make sure a little human stays fed.

It really makes me look at my priorities. And most importantly it makes me attempt to simplify my priorities as much as possible. It's easy to get caught up in an episode of Grey's Anatomy (I told ya I was hooked) while eating dinner and then Finn starts to fuss and I gotta stop eating and pause it and pick him up out of his bouncer, but then I remind myself what's important. Well, mama eating dinner is important, but you know what I'm saying...

These moments are precious in a child's life. I've heard it from sooooooo many people. "Cherish this age..." and then they usually proceed with alluding that things just get worse. Which I don't believe, maybe more challenging, but overall I understand things won't be like this forever. Finn won't be able to be held in my arms forever. Oh my, tears welled up on that thought!

My baby, our baby. Teaching us so much, and I certainly hope that we can teach him too. It's the strangest thing staring at your little one knowing that they're not always going to be your little baby. They're gonna grow up and be independent and well hopefully still want to talk to you, lol. We can only hope that Rob and I don't scare that boy off with our weirdness.

Anyway, all this randomness to say happy 5 months to our growing boy! You continue to change our world and make it better, sweet boy. Words couldn't express the love we have for you.

Here's a few more pics from his 5 month shoot...





This kid l-o-v-e-s to stand with just a bit of assistance..



His face in the last one melts my heart. Oh and if you were wondering, yes those are his bulky, but lovely, cloth diapers. It's been super easy and such a huge money saver for us.

So let me wrap this post up and go to bed. I have a few things coming in the mail from my beloved Amazon...few things for the house...mainly decorative. So I'll be sure to share.

Love to you all!

1 comment:

  1. Love this! & Him.
    You are not helping with this baby fever! haha.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...