Monday, June 24, 2013

Banana Pudding, Anyone?

Here's an easy recipe that may help you stay cooled this summer...banana pudding! I really made this for Rob's enjoyment as he is a lover of banana pudding. I had wanted to make this for him for his birthday last year, but I was intensely pregnant at that time and was just barely able to throw him a birthday party. It's an excuse, but I think it's a good one. :)

Here's what you'll need:
  • 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
  • 1 1/2 cups cold water
  • 1 (4-serving size) package instant vanilla pudding and pie filling mix
  • 2 cups (1 pint) whipping cream, whipped
  • Box of vanilla wafers
  • 3 medium bananas (sliced and dipped in lemon juice from concentrate)
  1. In large mixing bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and water. Add pudding mix, beat until well blended. Chill 5 minutes.
  2. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon 1 cup pudding mixture into glass serving bowl.
  3. Top with one-third each of vanilla wafers, bananas and pudding mixture. Repeat layering twice (or however many times desired), ending with the pudding mixture. (Rob and I then topped with some crushed wafers and some whole ones as well) Chill thoroughly. Refrigerate leftovers.
My little helper...he's definitely in that curious stage where he needs to know what's going on...

(Disclaimer: no child was splattered upon during this exercise)

I'm pretty sure I'll always make these attractive faces when there's a camera on me...


Rob taking over...he knows that banana pudding making is serious work, nothing to be toyed with!


And here's our finished product...baby drool anyone?


We brought this to our church for a potluck and the bowl was completely empty at the end. Not much to it, but certainly a refreshing treat for the summer. Only 4 months left of this ridiculous heat. I can do it, I can do it, I can do it...

Happy new week everyone! I totally need a kick in the bee-hind this week to get motivated. This weekend felt non-existent it went so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...