Friday, March 14, 2014

It's A Baby Shower!

Before I get into this post, I just gotta laugh at kids and their simple admiration for boxes. Cracks me up.


But onward with the NY pics. The main push for this trip was for my cousin's baby shower. Although we live in completely different states, our families grew up together and share many early memories. We're also 26 days apart in age, so I've literally been close to this girl my whole life and love her dearly.

My aunt did an amazing job with the decoration using simple yet adorable ideas to go along with the classic Winnie the Pooh theme.




While we waited for the guest of honor, the gifts started to pile up along with this adorable rocking horse elephant. 


She then arrived and we all ironically had an ongoing theme with our outfits.



While she opened gifts, Finn was a social butterfly...





Finn giving the elephant a "hug"...



I made her a print that had a sweet quote by Winnie the Pooh..."sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." Had no clue that was a favorite quote of hers...score. :))




We then stayed at my cousin's house the last few nights...the baby's room is looking so adorable even in this pic with all the chaos.


Checking out the loot...


They were sweet and let Finn test out their new highchair while we stayed there. He made sure it was good and safe for his second cousin.


While we were putting gifts away in the baby's room, I heard Finn spitting. I went out and see him spitting toward the TV that had a golf game on. I don't think his Papa would be happy to hear that. Hopefully it was a fluke.


Those last weeks of pregnancy are like nothing else...the anticipation, the organizing and nesting. So happy for my cuz.


Sweet baby...can't wait to meet you!

2 comments:

  1. Love the shower pics!! Thanks for sharing :) I'm going to use some of them for my blog too! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...