Friday, March 28, 2014

Pintastic Recipes

One of my New Years resolutions was to cook more, and I'm pretty pleased that I've actually tried my little cooking hands at a few new recipes. Found on good ol' Pinterest.

I don't pin a ton on Pinterest, but one thing I have been on the lookout for are good and easy recipes. So here are the latest that I've tried. Oh and I've officially concluded what I hate most about cooking...

...dishes.

I don't like you.

First up: Baked Ravioli {Mom Mart}
Dish Factor: 1 dish (heck yes!)


Yeah, this was pretty easy and yummy. I made ours kind of plain, but I could see snazzying it up a bit and adding meat and different cheeses.

Next up: One Pan Wonder {High Heels & Grills}
Dish Factor: 2 dishes (not bad!)


Now this one, I will definitely repeat. Finn ate these green beans like they were candy coated sugar sticks. I don't think that makes sense. The prep would've been quicker had Finn not been crying at my feet while I was cutting (he wants to watch everything going on up on the stove), but overall a super easy and yummy recipe. I may use a little less butter next time. I know that may seems like an oxymoron for some, but my husband is a little butter sensitive. Okay, this blurb is weird. Moving on...

And finally: Chicken Broccoli Supreme {Get Off Your Butt and Bake}
Dish Factor: 1 pan, 2 pots, 1 bowl, 1 measuring cup (womp, womp)


My latest. I'm kind of biased on this one since the day that I made it wasn't so positive. It was taking a good amount of time to prep, Finn was getting fussy, so at one point I had to put him in his high chair and hand him a squeezey packet of fruit (knowing that the worst was going to happen). I then finished the prep and put it in the oven knowing that being way past dinner time, I had to just feed him something else while it cooked.

When I returned to Finn his fruit was most defffffffinitely squeezed out all over his tray and all over his little body. He's doing this thing where he puts his head down on his tray, so there was a circle of the stuff on his forehead. Good times.

But BACK TO THE RECIPE...I ate some after giving Finn his bath that night and it was good. I liked the crunch from the ritz crackers. Overall kind of reminded me of a pot pie. I think if I do it again, I'll probably serve it over rice.

So there you go, three recipes conquered. I've determined that me and my crock pot need to become better friends. Because the busyness of coming home and cooking right away and keeping a one year old entertained at the same time...calls for some crock-potting.

And best part? One dish.

4 comments:

  1. Heh, Pintrest is turning all the world's kitchens the same. Teresa has done two of these three.

    Also, it's cheating to use the pretty food photos and not your own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, whatever Tony! Lol, you got me, my finished product wasn't nearly as pretty as these pics. I'm giving credit to the blogs these recipes came from, win-win!

      Sad to think Pinterest is making all the kitchens the same, but, I've come to terms that pizza every night isn't the way to go. Even though I could probably eat that always and forever. :))

      Delete
  2. This blog post began my 4 hour pinning craze on Pinterest yesterday ( food only ) Mmm :) my head got all fuzzy and I had to put the iPad away!! Ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, hilarious, nothing like falling in to the wormhole of Pinterest. I actually saw those pins of yours, and there's definitely some yummy ones I might try. :))

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...