Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Moonlight Sonata

About a month ago I was driving home at night with Finn after an outing. Rob was working and Finn was sitting in the back quietly, either sleeping or watching the streetlights. The road was empty, but my brain was full. Thinking about various things like the unknown adventures ahead and praying through my thoughts. The sky was dark, except for the sliver of moon hanging above. I looked at it differently though. I was reminded how the light reflecting off of the moon came from the sun. And even though the sun wasn’t visible at that time, the moon served as evidence that light was still present in the midst of that dark night sky.

You may already see where my thoughts went with this…I then equated this sliver of moonlight to hope.

It reminded me that hope is there even in the darkest place. It reminded me that the sun is still there even if I can’t see it. It was a simple reminder, but a big comfort to me. Hope is always there.

My personal hope is through my faith. My hope is through the reminder that I don’t have to do things on my own strength. I don’t have to worry or be anxious.

I've seen incredibly dark things. I've seen it on the news, witnessed things in my own life, and the amount of bad stuff in this world can seriously weigh a heart down. Sometimes I don’t know how God functions through it all. I remember drowning in it upon the loss of my friend. It was terrible, but somehow God provided hope. I felt it coursing through my veins.

And although my thoughts, questions, pains and worries will come up, the moonlight reminded me of the hope he gives me. Even when it’s hard to see and everything else seems dark, hope is still there.


I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...