Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Here's Looking At You, Kid

There's nothing like it when Finn runs over with a book, turns around, and plops his little bucket on my lap. 


I can see how the blur of parenthood can all of the sudden find you at the proverbial finish line without knowing how and when you got there. With all of life's cares and worries, there's many opportunities that I can miss small moments like this with him. 


House work, decorating projects, work work, grocery shopping, bills. So many logistics in my brain.

So I'm reminding myself to hold onto this. Reading books. A car ride. A good game of chase. Making up a song during bath time which Finn mutters something along the lines of the word "again" leading me to sing it 20 more times. It's worth it.


He's completely worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Aww this post made me tear up a little bit. You're so sweet with Finn <3

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...