Thursday, February 6, 2014

Mercy Ships

Have you heard of this organization called Mercy Ships? Wow, I sure haven't until this morning after reading about it on Under the Sycamore.

And I gotta say, I'm truly just in awe of how special this organization is.

Simply put, Mercy Ships are floating hospitals that dock at various ports (primarily in Africa) to provide assistance through surgeries and/or general medical treatment. They are built around the calling of "the 2000 year old example Jesus set of caring for the poor..." Source

Source

What's also special is that this week only (ending on Sunday) Mercy Ships is being featured on the ever popular Sevenly shop. In this shop you can purchase awesome tees and sweaters with $7 of the purchase going directly to Mercy Ships. Of course Rob and I are lovers of all things nautical, but I absolutely love the message with these items. 


Visit the the Sevenly shop here if you're interested. I know there are so many amazing organizations out there, but I just wanted to share this one with you as it really just blows my mind the genius of this idea. Truly a blessing to so many and even though we just met this morning, I'm extremely grateful to this organization for the works they are doing.

For more info or to give a direct donation, visit www.mercyships.org

Off to purchase some tees!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...