Monday, August 19, 2013

These Are a Few of My Fav-o-rite (Baby) Things!

I hope you all had a great weekend, it's a Monday yet again. My how the weeks and months fly. Lately I've been re-watching Parenthood. Have you watched this show yet? Rob and I l-o-v-e it. This show seriously plucks my heartstrings. It's a perfect blend of drama, comedy and just a whole bunch of real-life-ness. Personally, I get to see our families quite often (a lot of us live within minutes of each other) and this show reminds me how much of a blessing family truly is. Yeah, drama can ensue, but I wouldn't have it any other way. The show is starting back up September 26th and I'm a just lil excited about that.

Well along the lines of parenthood...(too stark of a transition?) I know I'm no Oprah - and sorry to say I'm not giving anything away - but I wanted to share some of my favorite baby related items. Some that felt like lifesavers, some that were just nice to have.


  1. Dria Nursing Cover: Let me start out by saying I use this thing e-v-e-r-y-day. Mostly and pretty much only for pumping but I used it when Finn was littler and less squirmy (now I have to retreat to a quiet room free of distractions) I love how it doesn't look like a nursing cover. However, I will say it's on the pricey side. If I knew how to sew, I'm sure a DIY version could be made. But honestly, I don't regret for a second getting this thing. It doesn't wrinkle, it's breathable and really soft.
  2. WubbaNub: At one point in Finn's early days Rob and I found ourselves wishing there was an invention that kept a pacifier in place, we even joked about duct-taping the thing to his head. I discovered these by seeing them in photos of my friend's little ones. The stuffed animal is permanently attached to the pacifier which helps hold the pacifier in place for your newbie newborn as opposed to it falling out. This especially helped when we would swaddle Finn up and put him in his crib. I can't vouch for this thing enough, it was a life saver and really helped us out in the sleep department.
  3. Evenflo Journey 300 Koi Car Seat and Stroller: Love this car seat and stroller. Super lightweight. Cute design. Win-win. If it lasts I would totally want to use this for our next little one, boy or girl.
  4. Skip Hop Moby Bath Kneeler: Okay, I'll admit, this was one of those things that I thought was maybe a lil frivolous. But for me, this has been my life knee-saver. I didn't realize how much I was dreading bath time sometimes for the pain I'd feel on my knees. 
  5. Skip Hop Mega Play Mat: When I first bought this, I had a little bit of buyers remorse thinking that we wouldn't use this thing much. But much to my surprise, I love this thing. And most importantly, Finn loves this thing. It's a generous sized mat, perfect for tummy time all the way up to crawling around. It has hooks to attach various toys to, a detachable mirror (that Finn likes to gnaw on sometimes). It's washable, easily portable, and pretty stinkin cute. 
  6. Ju-Ju-Be Diaper Bag: I love our diaper bag. And yes, I say "our" because it's totally man-friendly. It was a little shiny at first in this particular color, but I couldn't be happier with this thing. It's not huge or anything so it lets you pack the essentials and some toys, but prevents you from over packing. Which I personally like. The quality is really nice and I see it lasting for a long time.
  7. Noise Machine: Anyone else grow up with these machines? When Finn moved into his room, not only did I lose him, but I lost this noise machine! I love this machine and totally worth the price in my opinion. It's great quality and see this lasting for a long time.
  8. Aden + Anais Swaddle Blankets: We used these to swaddle our boy up for his naps and bedtime when he was a newbie newborn. Now we still use them as blankets. The best part about these is the lightweight material and the generous size. A lil pricey, but worth it in my opinion.  
I'd love to hear your favorite things too! I'm still just a newbie mom...constantly learning as I go. I try to think of the days of yore and think how thankful I am to have the things we have nowadays...not that the old days weren't great, but I'd really have a hard time parting with some of these lifesavers.

I can't believe our little ham bone is 7 months old. I just ordered a bunch of Instagram prints off of Picplum the other day. Love these little square photos.


I got a few funny comments on this photo the other day. A friend said it looks like Finn's presenting his mom and dad, another said it looked like Finn is quoting the famous verse "come to Me all who are weary and heavy burdened and I will give you rest." Truth be told, he really does give us a lot of rest, but if only you could see the other side of the camera. Leah and Jr in the background making all sorts of noises and clapping to get just a lil smile from him. They definitely had his attention. Rob and I were smiling non-stop for about 15 seconds just holding it hoping for the smiley shot. Lol, still love it though.

Happy new week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...