Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Kicker

**I'm calling it! I felt my first "kick" yesterday around noon! Felt like a big pulse, but definitely more than a pulse and not just my stomach or anything. Oh sweet little one.**

Lots of stuff on my brain, mainly thoughts for other people going through hard times right now. The verse "Come to me all who are weary..." came to my mind. I was curious to see what The Message translation would be, and it really is quite simple and beautiful...

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Come away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me - watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." Matthew 11:28-30
Ah, lightness and freedom does sound good. I hope the lightness this verse gives me can be passed on to those going through hard or frustrating times. We don't have to have everything figured out. Just a bit of faith in a comforting God, and things start feeling lighter.

Such a welcomed reminder for hard days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...