Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Feeding Finn

Being a new mom has been an adventure. Particularly in the feeding department. It's still an ongoing adventure, but I wanted to post this to remember it by. I'm sure it'll be different with our second child (not pregnant!) but I've just decided to bask in my newness of motherhood. Having tons of questions and just figuring things out and what works for us.


Nursing has been an adventure all on it's own. I think it may be one of the hardest things I've committed to but there are so many reasons I wanted to do it and stick with it. This can be a touchy subject in the mother world, but I'm totally not in the group of nursing moms that says it's the only way and blah blah blah. The pressure can be wild. But for me personally, I'm loving it for our boy and for our wallets. Pumping on the other hand, not a favorite of mine, but I know one day it'll go away. 


At around 5 months, we gave Finn his first "cereal". Mostly liquid, but hey, he liked it.


Our sweet boy...


We then moved on to jar food. I don't think I'm going to be making my own. We found a brand that we like and it's just not something I want to put extra time into. So far the only thing he spits out e-v-e-r-y time is peas. But apples and blueberries? I accept you.


Puffs, puffs, puffs. It's amazed me how quickly he figured out how to shovel these things in his mouth. If this boy hears the rattle of the puff container, his face lights up. I hear this is true for many. :))

"Hmmm...can you help me? I've seemed to have misplaced my puff."



Jack sometimes provides a little entertainment. Running around in circles or bringing his chew toy to feel like he's a part. Finn's always fascinated by him. Jack's also been a huuuuuge fan of Finn's feeding time. He's a puff lover as well.



Peek-a-boo!



So we've been trying some other food and here's a piece of watermelon I thought he'd love.


Nope, not so much. :)


So there's a little glimpse into our feeding world. So much fun watching him discover new foods. I remember I had so many questions when just nursing and pumping and a friend of mine said that as soon as you feel like you have this figured out, you move on to figure out something else. So true. Parenthood has so many stages and I just want to cherish each stage at a time. Questions and all.

Happy Tuesday to you all! We're hoping to share a master bathroom update on here on Friday. Hip hip!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...