Friday, September 20, 2013

Master Bath Mini-Reno Mini-Progress

Let me first say that there are no pretty "after" pictures to look at in this post. Nope, we're just not there yet. We're in that lovely chaos stage where everything is quite. a. mess. A hot one. 

I left off where I had removed the cabinet on this wall leaving us with 4 holes to patch...


So I patched those up real quick...just needs some sanding and some texture (all of our walls are covered in that orange peel texture) and then it'll be ready to paint, well kind of.


Speaking of paint! Again, here is the main paint inspiration pic that shows what I had in my head...


So I started to paint some of the white on the top portion and you can really see the difference of the previous off-white color and the new white in the below few pics. I also played with some samples for the bottom paneling. The gray colors I was going back and forth on were Benjamin Moore's Moonshine and Gray Horse. What's funny is I had painted Moonshine on there a few days ago and I was like definite no. So then I got the next darker shade which was Gray Horse. Once I got Gray Horse on the wall, I realized Moonshine was the one.


Here's a close up, Moonshine on the bottom right. You can see Gray Horse on the left. I realized I wanted to keep it light and airy because the tile is so dark and a little gloomy. When looking through my fan deck, I landed on these colors because they have the slightest hints of green in them (the green in Gray Horse stands out a lot to me) and I liked how that would complement the tile that we're not looking to smash down just yet. Please note the lighting in here is terrible, so these pictures all cast a yellowy tint. The lighting is a huge thing I'm excited to update to freshen this place up.


I'm liking how that white is going to freshen these walls and ceiling up. 

Some progress was made on the mirror side as well. Here's where we left off, Rob has pulled off the glued off-centered mirror.


He then scraped off the loose paint/glue...


And then I patched the holes...they need another round of patching though because of the depth of these holes. I know it's hard to tell but there were literally 10-15 holes in this area. Some anchors were actually in the wall and then painted over. ?????????


Here's a good shot of the full chaos. Pretty, right? :)


So what's next? I'm going to buy a can on Moonshine so we can officially say goodbye to that green paneling. The mirror area and the other areas that have been spackled need to be sanded and then retexturized. We also need to figure out how to move the light fixture opening over a smidge so it's centered and then patch the previous opening. Then after allllll that, I'll paint the walls with a fresh coat of white and lots more.

But for now, we'll live with this chaos. Plenty more updates to come.

My friend and I visited our newly opened West Elm yesterday, I'll be posting pics from that soon. Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...