Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A Rare Trait

Something that's stuck with me that radio host, Dennis Prager, has often said, is that one of the rarest positive human traits is courage

courage (def) - the ability to do something that frightens one, or the ability to do something that you know is difficult or dangerous

I immediately think of our armed forces, our policemen, firefighters, first responders, the brave. And for them I am greatly thankful. I then think of moral courage, "the ability to act rightly in the face of popular opposition, shame, scandal or discouragement." (source)

I've been stumbling over my words for this post, typing, then deleting, I can't tell you how many paragraphs I've deleted. I guess overall I'm wanting to grasp courage in my life. It's scares me, but as the definition above says, it's frightening. 

I also hope to instill this in our boy. To not just cater him to feel comfortable and safe all the time (well of course safe in the obvious terms) but you know what I mean. To teach him not to just make the easy decisions, but the hard ones too. To be bold. To be encouraged.

 



This is my command - be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. - Joshua 1:9



Thanks for listening to my random ponderings...I have lots of them, I promise. ;)

I've also had a much too long break away from working on our bathroom that we started and stalled on way back in SEPTEMBER. How about we get back on that?

Love to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...