Monday, January 27, 2014

Winter Heights

I'm excited to finally get a name on this ol' blog. Yep, Winter Heights is now the easy way for me to refer to this little microscopic sliver of the internet (aka, this blog) that I play in.

For a long time I've been wanting to get a name...just for easy reference and also to get out of the lisadunkin.blogspot web address. Nothing wrong with it, but I've been itching to get on my own domain.

(don't miss the details below about the web address change that'll be happening soon)

So why Winter Heights?--
Let me first say that I take forever to name anything. For. ev. er. Living in Florida for the majority of my life, winter is my most favorite season here. I understand our version of winter is far removed from Minnesota's version of winter (which I do not claim I'd survive that for a minute!), but I like it. Correction, I love it. And I often wish it would get cooler...cause an 80 degree Christmas just isn't right, but unfortunately we have some of those.
So I love winter...and then "heights" is the latter half of the name of my neighborhood. The one we live in, the one I grew up in and have grown quite attached to. Originally when we were house hunting in this neighborhood, I had dreamed of finding an old bungalow with wood floors, high ceilings and plenty of charm. But instead we happily settled on our more affordable, spacious, ranch home (at least one room has wood floors!) This neighborhood has it's charm, but it's not perfect by any means, maybe that's why I like it. It's not always manicured and there are some rough spots, but there's a spirit in this hood that I love. A spirit of culture, creativity, entrepreneurship and some serious DIY.
Web Address Change!--
With this new name, the web address will soon no longer be www.lisadunkin.blogspot.com. The new web address for this blog will be www.winterheights.com. This change will be effective on February 1st. This coming Saturday. So starting that day, if you're looking for me, go to the new web address...which is? www.winterheights.com. ;)
But before I wrap this post up, I just gotta say that I'm thankful to all of you for the love and encouragement you've given me in this lil hobby of mine. I hope it can continue to bring some joy to your life.

So without further ado (raises a glass of crancherry on the rocks), here's to Winter Heights...this little place that I'll continue to share our various happenings, house updates, the adorable Finn Isaac, parenting adventures, DIY projects and everything else in between.

Yep, I'll be here...posting...and probably dreaming of winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...