Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Party Time & Finn's First Year Video

We celebrated our birthday boy this weekend with family.


I did just a few decorations. The balloon garland is something I wanted to try and really liked it...so cheap too, just blow em up and tie em to a string...


I made my very first cupcakes...banana cupcake (for Finn's love for bananas) with vanilla frosting. And thankfully they came out tasting good and most importantly moist...lucky for me I have a few friends that are cupcake masters, hence plentiful cupcake tips. :))



I didn't really go with a theme...and honestly I didn't get to unleash the decorating as much as I intended, but I had a feeling I was putting unnecessary pressure on myself. So although it was still a lot of work to do everything (mainly the video below) it was simple but sweet. Which is ultimately how I like it.

Behind the couch I hung up his pictures from month 1-12...


I put out some of Finn's favorites...blueberries and grapes...


Then his aunties captured him and fed him his first pizza which he loved...he kept looking at me like "why have you been holding out on me, ma?"


Rob making some joke of reminding Finn what it was like coming into the world a year ago...lol...


The little one kept running away distractedly while we opened his gifts, so we buckled him in his car...


This pic cracks me up, I love the excitement on Bella's face and then the gloom on Jr's. He asked me if Finn needed help opening his presents...I think he was having present withdrawals from Christmas. ;)


Then we sang happy birthday...


And then he ate his cupcake. We ended up breaking it up because he kept grabbing the icing and then wanting it off his hands...but once it was broken up, he inhaled the thing.



Later that night Rob had some ideas for the balloons...


Then decided to break it out of the pack and play...


I'm pretty positive that Rob had the most fun with this experience than anyone, lol...




And finally, I'll leave you with this video I made for his first year. I'll warn ya...it's 12 minutes long of pictures and videos, but we're pretty proud of it and love looking back to see how he grew and what a year it's been.



We're also so very thankful to so many of you for all the love that surrounds our boy, it truly means so much to us.

Happy first year, baby boy!

4 comments:

  1. Sweetest video, sweetest family ! LoveMary

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video made me cry, laugh, smile, and say awe more times in 12 minutes than ever before! Truely beautiful!! Xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I'm glad you liked it, D! The video took so much time but was worth it in the end. :))

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...